Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: sometimes this board amazes me

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    I'm sitting here, looking at the list of topics, and I have discovered, this is a completely 24 hr. board! Do we ever sleep?!?! There are posts at 1, 2, 3, and 5 in the morning!! It's kinda nice to know that if I am ever plagued by insomnia, I'm not alone.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are not alone.

    I have bad insomnia. It goes in spurts though. I have periods where I sleep fine and then can go for weeks laying awake all night. Sometimes I get up at like 3 and watch TV, do homework, even practice since it's pretty soundproof where I'm at. Even if I'm not up at 3 AM I'm usually up around 6 and do some work for school. around 8 thirty I usually make my way to the computer and read the boards while I eat breakfast.
    I used to take some stuff for sleeping but I try not to because it makes me feel very groggy, even half a pill.
    I think what keeps me going is I'm a coffee addicted. I drink coffee almost all day long, to make up for not sleeping

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also suffer from insomnia sometimes, and I am just a late night person as well. It's not unusual for me to be online at 1-2 am, it's my quiet time. I usually get a 2nd wind around 11 pm and that's when I'll start projects like painting or sewing, when the rest of the family is asleep. It's amazing what you can get done while the house is quiet, as long as it's a quiet activitiy. My sewing room is at the other end of the house so I can make all the noise in there that I want!

    Laurie

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My excuse is just time-zones. When I get up most of you are already in dreamland or just on the way, and when I'm in dreamland, most of you are busy on the hostboard posting, so that I can catch up reading once I wake up again. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm guilty of both. I have a laptop, and where I go my laptop will follow. So at 2:00Am if I'm at Denny's or Shari's and there is an internet connection. I'll hook into the board. That, and I am a college student, all nighters are common, and the board is more entertaining then homework.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sailorangel59:
    I am a college student, all nighters are common, and the board is more entertaining then homework.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen to that! When I have a paper that's going to take basically all night, I'll use the Board to wake me up and then provide periodic breaks while I write. I have always been a night owl, so it's not uncommon for me to be up well beyond midnight.

    - Becca

  7. #7
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been known to pull a late one now and then...hey, there's whole weeks that, aside from work, the board IS my socialization! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Because of the difference in time zones, sometimes I'm on the Board when no one else is! Its just like being in an empty room. Quiet and a bit lonely. Last night it was just me and I think miki__, but a bunch of "guests' and "invisibles" were there too. What's up with that?

  9. #9
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    I'm usually on of those "guests" or invisible members. I just like to stay in the background and not announce when I am here. I an a true nightowl and have been known to stay up as late as 4am a couple of times a week. I'm on EST so I am probably there when you are first geting on.

    Kim

  10. #10
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    Posted by courtneysunshine:
    I an a true nightowl and have been known to stay up as late as 4am a couple of times a week.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kim, I wish I could do that more often. Occasionally, when I do stay up into the early morning hours, I pay for it big time the next day. Can barely function...I feel like I'm in a fog. Not good if I have to go to work that day.
    Nia [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •